Potato Fried Cakes are very popular on Polish tables. They could be base for a meal, served with meat stew or vegetables, a nice snack by themselves, or served as puddings, with apple or sugar. Fried potato cakes always awoke my childhood memories, and afternoon snacks at my grandma…
Prep Time: 20 min, easy
Cook Time: 40 min
1 kg potatoes
2 tablespoons of flour
Salt and black pepper
1. Peel and was potatoes. Grate them into a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel and slice finely onion. Add the slices to potatoes.
3. Add eggs, sifted flour and salt into the mixing bowl. Stir all ingredients together.
4. Pre-heat oil on the frying pan. Shape hand-size pancakes of the potato pastry and fry them on both sides until they nicely golden.
5. The best pancakes are served straight from the frying pan, but they could be re-warm in the oven or served cold. Serve your pancakes with mushroom sauce, beef stew, vegetables or just sugar.