A sweet treat for a picnic, surprise you beloved ones with heart-shaped kaymak cupcakes. Kaymak, originally from Middle East, is a sweet dairy product, similar to clotted cream. A walnut, covered under a dark chocolate coat, will add the cupcake a special character…
Prep time: 50 min, moderate
Cook time: 4 hours
150 g butter
1 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoon powder sugar (icing sugar)
Pinch of salt
250 ml cream 36% (Ask in Polish Shops for ‘Smietana 36%’)
4 tablespoons sugar
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add chopped butter, salt, and sugar. Beat in the egg.
3. Mix the ingredients with your fingers.
4. Add some milk and cream the ingredients together.
5. Shape the dough into a ball. Wrap in a kitchen foil and put into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
7. Roll the dough so it’s about 3-4 mm thin. With a glass cut little circles of the dough, little bigger then your baking forms. I decided to use small heart-shape forms, but you can use any shape or size.
8. Grease your baking forms and start putting the cut off circles into them. Smooth their edges with a knife. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
9. Bake the pastry shells for about 25-30 so they’re gold.
10. Take them out of the oven and let them to cool down. Take the pastry shells out of the forms, very gently. They’re ready to filled in with kaymak now!
Kaymak (Simple Method)
1. Boil the cream mixed with sugar, stirring occasionally. Boil it as long as it gets dense and golden, about 2 hours.
2. Let kaymak to cool down.
1. Fill in your pastry shapes with ready and cooled kaymak.
2. Leave it to rest for about 20 minutes.
3. Decorate cupcakes with walnuts.
4. Melt dark chocolate and coat walnuts with it. Leave it to cool down.
5. Serve your cupcakes on a plate, or put them into a box like a bonbon. Enjoy!