Raffaello, a cream and coconut sweet, is definitely the biggest treat for me:) And there is no more fun than making your favourite sweets by yourself! So, I’m giving you my secret Raffaello recipe, I’m sure it will become an enjoyable sweetie by many…
Prep time: 20 min, easy
Waiting time: 1 hour
Serves: 30 little balls
1 glass of powder sugar
150 g coconut shavings
100 g of digestive biscuits, dry waffles or ‘Herbatniki’ from Polish Shop (recommended)
50 g Hazelnuts or whole almonds
1. Cream butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. The butter should become soft and creamy.
2. Add sugar and eggs to the butter. Keep creaming the ingredients.
3. Put six tablespoons of coconut shavings into a separate bowl and save them for later. Add the rest into the butter and mix it in.
4. Put the butter into the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
5. Crash biscuits or ‘herbatniki’. I use an electric blender, but you can use a rolling pin.
6. Add the biscuit crumbs into the butter and mix them int.
7. Mold walnut-size balls of the cream. Stuff them with a hazelnut or almond and cot with coconut shavings. To add an element of surprise, stuff some of them with hazelnuts and some with almonds.
8. Put the ready balls into the fridge to rest. They will be ready in half an hour! Store them in a cool place. Enjoy!